Last updated on 10th July 2021
“The Times of India Crossword” Terms & Conditions:
This Contest (as defined below) is subject to the following terms & conditions (“T&C”), which may be updated by Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (“BCCL”) having its registered office at The Times of India Building, Dr. D. N. Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001 and corporate office at 9-10, Express Building, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110 102, from time to time without notice to Contestant (as defined below). The Contestant confirms to have read the T&C at www.toicrossword.com The Contestant is entering into the Contest at his/her sole discretion and free will. The Participation or submission of entry in the Contest shall be deemed as the acceptance of the T&C by the Contestant.
- “Contest” shall mean the contest titled as “The Times of India Crossword”. The Contest is being organized for engagement with TOI reader(s).
- “Contestant” shall mean the individual who participates in the Contest.
- “TOI” shall mean The Times of India.
- “Prize” means the redeemable gift vouchers as decided by BCCL in its sole discretion.
- This Competition is valid for Indian citizens and open to readers of The Times of India where the Contest is being carried/published. If you are under the age of 18 years, you should review this T&C with your parent or legal guardian to make sure that you and your parent or legal guardian understand and agree to it and further if required your parent / legal guardian shall perform or undertake such activities to enter into a legally binding agreement with BCCL.
- The employees of BCCL and their affiliates, distributors and dealers of BCCL, the sponsors of the Contest, family members or the relatives of employees of BCCL, distributors, dealers, sponsors are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Any such entry, even if successful, would be deemed inadmissible for the purpose of this Contest.
- Contest Duration
- Prize and Participation
- No entry fee is required to participate in the Contest.
- To participate in this Contest, Contestant will have to solve the TOI crossword appearing in the Times of India newspaper on Sunday, click an image and upload it on www.toicrossword.com. The Contestant will be prompted to verify his/her mobile number through OTP verification. BCCL will capture name, mobile no, email, city of the Contestant as provided by the Contestant. BCCL shall not be responsible for any inaccuracy/correctness of the information provided by the Contestant.
- The results of each weekly Contest scheduled on Sunday shall be declared prior to the next scheduled Contest. Total 115 winners will be declared every week who have solved the complete crossword (appearing in the TOI newspaper on Sunday) correctly and have uploaded the image on the website. The winners will be selected randomly through the computer-generated technique from the list of Contestant (with correct answers) who have submitted their entry on Sunday between 6 am till 11:59 PM. All entries received before and after the participation time shall not be considered.
- Winners will be sent an SMS informing them about their win and the winners names will also be uploaded on the website- www.toicrossword.com.
- Each of the first 15 winner will get Prizes worth Rs. 9,999/- and the each of the next 100 winners will get Prizes worth Rs. 500/- redeemable online/offline. Voucher details, validity, etc. will be mentioned in the FAQs section on the website www.toicrossword.com
- The mobile number of the Contestant would act as the primary identifier for the Contestant. Each mobile number will be treated as a unique ID and multiple entries from same mobile number will not be considered for the Contest. Further, one personal identification proof i.e. PAN Card shall be eligible for one Prize only.
- The Contestant and/or visitor of the website www.toicrossword.com has also the option to win e-vouchers through Refer & win section, where the Contestant/visitor upon login with their basic details (name, city/pincode, mobile no.-OTP verified) will get a unique link which they can share with their friends/family to participate. If 5 or more people register and participate (by solving and submitting the crossword) atleast once on www.toicrossword.com through the link shared by a particular user/Contestant, that Contestant/user will be eligible for an e-voucher worth Rs. 200. From all the eligible contestants/users, every week a maximum of 20 lucky winners will be rewarded the Rs. 200 voucher. The 20 winners will be decided using a random computer-generated technique. Further, one contestant/user/mobile number can win a maximum of 3 Refer&Win e-vouchers. The vouchers are limited and the details will be updated in the FAQs section on www.toicrossword.com
- BCCL will not be responsible for any defects/inadequacy in the products/services redeemed in lieu of the coupons/gift vouchers/prize and the same would have to be addressed to the sponsor/service provider/manufacturer directly. BCCL shall not be liable to replace/exchange the Prize/products/services at any stage.
- Decision of the BCCL will be final and binding on all participants and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- In case any winner refuses to accept the prize decided for him/her, his participation in the Contest will be declared null and void. Prizes cannot be exchanged for their value in cash or for other prizes. Each Prize shall have a validity period and the same can be redeemed with the respective sponsors within such validity period as mentioned on the Prize. Further, any charge over and above the stated Prize shall have to be borne by the Contestant themselves including without limitation travelling, prize collection/delivery charges etc.
- The Prize(s) are non-transferable.
- Other Terms
- The Contestant agrees that, he/she will participate in any promotional activities or material, without additional payment or permission, as requested by BCCL. Subject to applicable laws, Contestant hereby grants BCCL, by participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, the right to use, in perpetuity the Contestant’s information as may be provided by the Contestant, publish and display Contestant’s picture, voice, video, statements, quotes which may be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by BCCL for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media without notification or approval, all without any additional consideration.
- The Contestant voluntarily agrees to submit the required documents and personal information to participate in the Contest. Contestant voluntarily consents and permit BCCL will use any personal information that the Contestant provides in accordance with applicable laws for the purposes of this Contest and for any marketing or other purposes. BCCL may also share such information(s) with its affiliates, its service providers and agents for the purpose of this Contest. The information may also be used by BCCL for:
The Contest shall have an 18 hour window from 6: 00 AM to 11:59 PM on every Sunday starting from 7th March, 2021 and shall end on 7th March, 2022. BCCL reserves the right to terminate, extend or shorten the Contest Duration at its sole discretion.
- recommending various products or services or other campaigns/contest including those of third parties
- dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints and Contestant related activities
- marketing products and services and its analysis
- abiding with laws and law enforcement / regulatory requests